Hoys Physio have programs run by accredited Exercise Physiologists. Entitled Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) clients may be referred for clinically necessary Exercise Physiology treatment by their medical practitioner. Upon diagnosis and referral of a specific condition by a medical practitioner, DVA will pay for the clinically necessary treatment.
- Entitled Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) clients may be referred for clinically necessary Exercise Physiology treatment by their general practitioner on a valid D904 referral form
- Gold card holders are entitled to clinically necessary treatment covered by DVA’s health care arrangements for all health conditions
- White card holders are entitled to clinically necessary treatment for an accepted disability.
The program is fully supervised by university qualified health professionals called Exercise Physiologists and involves exercise prescription that is safe and clinically effective. Exercise Physiology services include the delivery of clinical exercise intervention to manage chronic disease and the provision of post-acute exercise rehabilitation for people recovering from major injury or illness. Exercise Physiology contributes to the management of:
- Age related conditions
- Falls prevention and balance
- Diabetes (Type 1 & Type 2)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Osteoporosis and Arthritis
- Mobility, ROM and flexibility
- Anxiety and depression
- Muscular conditioning of a chronic nature (ie. Lower back pain)