CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
WHAT IS IT?
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is painful condition of the hand and fingers caused by compression of a major
nerve where it passes over the carpal bones through a passage at the front of the wrist. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome may be caused by continual repetitive movements or by fluid retention.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Pain and/or numbness and pins & needles in the thumb, first and middle finger and part of the ring finger
- Weakness in the hand
- Symptoms can be worse in the morning
- Physiotherapy to relieve the pressure on the nerve and strengthen the surrounding muscles
- Addressing predisposing factors such as posture, work techniques, and work place ergonomics
- Diagnosis is made by a full clinical history and specific tests done by a physiotherapist.
If you think you are suffering from Carpal Tunnel, give Hoys Physio a call to get assessed by one of our Physiotherapist and start treatment straight away. The longer Carpel Tunnel is present the longer it can take to settle!